The News 2/26/2020
Oh it has been a hot minute, but there’s a few tidbits to cover so I’ll make a post for you beautiful people. Let’s dive on in and cover some of the new hotness coming your way very soon. Short and sweet, here we go.
- The upcoming Spurrier’s Gridiron Grille is targeting an opening date in the fall, with the goal of being open by football season. In case you missed it, the restaurant is going to feature a memorabilia section showing off some of Coach’s accolades and Gator gear, dedicated areas for sports broadcasting, private dining areas, and a rooftop bar. I’ve seen some of the renders for it, and it’s going to be a killer space. As for the food? Remains to be seen…
- In case you missed it, I recently broke the news that Luke’s NYC Bagels will be opening a physical location soon. It’ll be in the site of the former LEJ Pretzels on South Main Street. Once opened, they will continue to sell their bagels out of Halo Potato Donuts’ food truck and physical location as well.
- Satchel’s will be opening a 2nd location at the 4th Avenue Food Park, and look to be open later this year. The new concept will be called Satchel’s Squared, serving square pizzas and square waffles.
- Kilwin’s has opened a second location at Butler Town Center next to the Village Jeweler. Curious to see what happens to the Celebration Pointe location now, being as it’s just across the street.
- Another Thai spot has opened in town, Tup Tim Thai is located at 1232 West University Avenue near the Holiday Inn by campus. The restaurant came from the Jacksonville area and I’ve heard great things! Will be on the list to check out soon, keep an eye on my Instagram to look out for those photos.
- Several spots around town have closed over the last couple months including Emiliano’s, Dos Papas, City Slice, Yummy City, 1000 Degrees Pizza.