The News: Holiday Edition
Alright people, the Holiday season is here and whatever you’re celebrating, let’s make it a good one. Thank you all again for another wonderful trip around the sun together, and for allowing me to do what I do. More reviews are coming, I promise…I’ve just been traveling a lot the last few months and what time I do have at home, I try to take care of other things in my life.
With that out of the way, cheers to all of you and your families. Let’s get to the news!
- Many of you have asked who’s going to be open on Christmas Day. As far as I know thus far, both Bangkok Square locations will be open on Christmas Day from Noon to 3 PM and again from 5 PM to 9:30 PM. Yummy House is also historically open on Christmas Day, and Durty Nelly’s Irish Pub will be open at 2 PM on Christmas Day as well. If you are aware of any other spots opening for Christmas Day, please post it in the comments below.
- Since the beginning of the month, First Magnitude Brewing Company has turned their warehouse area into a winter wonderland for all to enjoy. They’ve also been serving a special holiday menu of beers. The brewery is open on Christmas Eve from Noon to 6 PM, so get in those last minute beers before having to put up with relatives 😉
- After some back and forth, Maple Street Biscuit Company has announced they will now be opening on Sundays going forward. The Tioga location will start serving on Sundays starting 12/22 while the Butler Plaza location will begin on 12/29.
- If you missed it, the Miracle Pop-Up is now happening at Madrina’s and will run until New Year’s Eve.
- Those of you looking for something fancy to do on New Year’s Eve should know that Embers is hosting a New Year’s Eve Dinner comprised of a 5-course dinner at $100 a person. Next door at Spark, they’ll also be hosting a Cocktail Bash with unlimited prosecco, two specialty cocktails a person, and 30 different types of wines for $90 a person. Doors open at 8 PM. Tickets and more information available on www.embersofflorida.com
- For more casual NYE celebrations, Public & General is hosting a NYE Bash starting at 5 PM with live music and champagne toast. Loosey’s Downtown’s party starts at 9 PM with champagne bottle specials, drink specials, and full menu until the clock strikes midnight. Cypress & Grove Brewing Company will start the party at 1 PM and have new beer releases, champagne, and food trucks including Halo Potato Donuts. Midici’s Pizza is also ringing in the new year with a buffet, open bar (with higher tier ticket purchase), and a drag show.
- I've also heard of a potential new bagel shop opening whose owners have roots in New Jersey. More information on that to come. Keep an eye on my Instagram (@keneatsgainesville)