The News 6/11/2019
Let’s do another news post, why not? Happy early Father’s Day to all you papas out there.
- Good news for breakfast lovers on the west side of town. Maple Street Biscuit Company in Tioga is now open on Sundays from 7 AM to 2 PM! The Sunday hours only apply to the Tioga location, the one on Archer Road remains the same hours as before. They also rolled out a new menu as of yesterday that includes a new chicken biscuit with collard greens, fried egg, and hot sauce.
- The recently torn-down Rooms-to-Go building on the corner of 13th Street and 23rd Street diagonally across from Lucky’s will become a Wawa location. This will be the 3rd planned location in town along with the one on Waldo/University and Archer Road just west of I-75.
- It’s true that Manuel’s Vintage Room has closed down. No reason has been provided.
-Dorn’s Liquors is hosting a Father’s Day Wine Tasting Event featuring cuisine from Chef Miles Burnett from 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM and again from 7 PM to 8 PM. RSVP on their Facebook event or call the shop at 352-378-0229 to reserve a spot. https://www.facebook.com/events/407512489844369/
- First Magnitude Brewing Company is hosting a Father’s Day event this Sunday from 11 AM to 9 PM with $1 off beers all day for dads. Mayflower Cellars will also be on hand to serve food, while Opus Coffee will also be on hand to serve coffee.
- While I have not yet been there, people are buzzing about the place. Nine Spices Chinese Hot Pot (I refuse to call it fondue, which it is not…) is hosting a grand opening event on Friday, June 15th. Between now and then, they will offer 10% off your order with a social media tag, and every all-you-can-eat order enters you into a raffle to win 20% off your next visit. Winner is announced on the 15th.
- Lucky’s Market is hosting a Father’s Day Weekend BBQ from Friday through Sunday. Dads can get a free donut and 12 oz coffee between 9 AM to 11 AM on Saturday and Sunday. Food is available in the form of a half rack of ribs with macaroni salad, potato salad, or coleslaw for $8.