Lots of food happenings going on around town lately, so here's yet another round-up of the latest and greatest news, including a few awesome events happening this weekend! But before I begin, congrats to all of the winners of the Hurricane BTW (Gainesville, FL) coupon book giveaway on my Instagram as well as the winner of the Whole Foods giveaway on Facebook. I've got some more stuff to give away to you guys VERY soon, so be sure to follow both the Facebook and Instagram!
- Tomorrow night (April 20th), Root & Pecker is bringing back their pizza for just one night only. From 5 PM to 9 PM, they'll have all the favorites in addition to some handmade tortellini and some other small plates.
- This Sunday is Sweet Dreams of Gainesville FL.'s annual Chocolate Night from 1 PM till 10 PM. The menu will be posted the night before and you'll have to check the event page (2018 Spring Chocolate Night) for that information. But if you've never been before, expect a ton of unique chocolate-based flavors!
- The annual 2018 Hogtown Craft Beer Festival is happening on Saturday from 1 PM to 5 PM at the Alachua County Fairgrounds. Over 300 craft beers, meads, and ciders from area breweries and beyond will be available. Tickets are sold out, but folks are finding tickets through their event page from others unable to attend.
- Public & General will be hosting an Italian Wine Tasting event next Wednesday, April 25th from 6 PM to 8 PM. They will feature a variety of regional wines from Italy paired with cheeses and charcuterie. Tickets are for sale at the restaurant and will be $20 pre-sale and $25 on the day of the event.
- Bangkok Square North Gainesville is set to open on April 27th. The new location at the corner of 83rd Street and 39th Avenue at the Park Avenue complex is their second Gainesville location. Patrons will received free ice cream with their menus and a free tote bag until they run out!
- As previously mentioned, Whole Foods Market is opening on May 9th at 9 AM. The first 500 folks in line will receive a mystery gift card that is worth anywhere from $5 to $500. Live entertainment, snacks, and other activities will be available to celebrate. A portion of opening day sales will go towards a local non-profit as well!