Many have asked and now I shall answer; where does one find a delicious feast on Thanksgiving Day? Here’s a roundup of some restaurants in the area that will be open for your dining convenience. Because paying someone else to cook your meal for you is sometimes better than burnt poultry or burnt…tofurkey…or whatever. No one likes burnt poultry, even if it’s tofu. It’s a one way ticket to sadnesstown. This list will be continuously updated with information as it’s announced by local restaurants leading up to Thanksgiving.
- The Great Outdoors Restaurant in High Springs will be doing their annual Thanksgiving buffet from 11 AM till 4 PM. $28.99 a person gets you unlimited helpings to all of the classic fixin’s. Reservations are REQUIRED. Call 386-454-1288
- Ipanema Brazilian Steakhouse, the all-you-can-eat meat-on-swords restaurant in Ocala will be open from noon till 6:30 PM and serving dinner all day. Seats are limited and reservations are recommended. Call 352-622-1741.
- Backstreet Blues Chophouse is doing a Thanksgiving Day buffet as well from 11 AM till 8 PM, priced at $28 per adult and $13.50 for kids. But their page offers no information on what will be served or what the age cut-off will be for kids. Call 352-363-6792 for information.
- Ward's Supermarket is taking orders for smoked turkeys and hams, so if you don’t want burnt poultry but also don’t want to go out to a restaurant, they’ve got you covered. Call 352-372-1741 for details and to place your order.
- Yummy House Gainesville and Sweet Buns Bakery 尚品西饼 will both be open on Thanksgiving Day from 11 AM to 3 PM with YH serving lunch and the bakery selling pastries and cakes for all you last minute food procrastinators.
- Swamp Head Brewery will be doing their annual Gobble ‘til ya Wobble again this year on November 22nd (Day before Thanksgiving). Live music, food trucks, and a bounce house will be made available. The event is family friendly from 1 PM till 5 PM. It will become 21+ only after 5 PM and feature limited tap releases.
- Similarly, First Magnitude Brewing Company will host live music by the Ramblin' Mutt Blues Band on Thanksgiving Eve starting at 7:30 PM. The show is all-ages and free to attend.
- Thank all of you for another year of growth and continued support for my blog. Gainesville is transforming and I couldn’t be more excited to be a part of it. If you know of any additional restaurants opened for Thanksgiving or doing any special events leading up to it, please let me know in your comments or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org