Ah yes, the ol’ day of tasty turkey death is upon us once again. I’m once again thankful for all of you beautiful people out there who support what I do, stop me on the street and in restaurants to chat, and continue to help make Gainesville awesome. We are in a time of transition as our little town grows up, so I’m very grateful, fortunate, and happy to do what I do. As for the haters, thank you as well, I breathe in your anger and butthurtness, and it feels nice. Anywho, for those of you staying in town for the holiday, here are a few little snippets of info you may find useful.
- The Great Outdoors Restaurant in High Springs will be doing their annual Thanksgiving Buffet. It’ll be served from 11 AM to 4 PM at $26.99 a person and just $1 for kids ages 12 and under. The offerings will include slow roasted turkey, honey glazed ham, all the usual fixings like mashed potatoes, stuffing, and pies. It will also include items like creamed lima beans with Applewood bacon, ginger carrot bisque, butter peas and onions, salads, and cheesecake.
- Ipanema Brazilian Steakhouse down in Ocala will also be open Thanksgiving Day and serving their usual all-you-can-eat meat buffet in addition to a turkey carving station and Thanksgiving fixings. $41.95 a person for the full meat experience and $28.95 a person for just the salad bar and turkey station. They will be open from noon till 6:30 PM. Reservations recommended.
- Francesca’s Trattoria is also doing a Thanksgiving Day buffet from 11 AM through 5 PM. Similar to what Great Outdoors is doing, they will have ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, and then items like mac & cheese, soups, salads, and holiday desserts. It’s a little bit pricey at $32.95 per person + tax and an automatic 18% gratuity. Kids 10 and under are priced at a ridiculous $15.95 per child. Now that I write this, I’m not sure I posted about it…but if the other options are too packed, I guess you can come here…
- Paramount Grill will also be open on Thanksgiving Day, though the hours remain unclear because they’re not very good at social media. The three-course menu can be found here: http://www.paramountgrill.com/menus/ThanksgivingMenu2017.pdf
- The Yearling Restaurant down in Cross Creek is also open for dinner, but they’re especially bad at social media so I have no hours or menu for you guys…just a plea to call 352-466-3999 for more information and reservations.
- Swamp Head Brewery’s 3rd annual Gobble ‘til ya Wobble party is happening the day before Thanksgiving (also colloquially known as “ACR Night”). From 1 PM to 11 PM, there will be music for booty shaking, many a beers, special taps, and food trucks on hand.
Folks, that’s it for now…but no matter where you are feasting this Thursday, eat tasty food, drink tasty drinks, and surround yourself with awesome people. Enjoy and be safe!