The News 5/9/2015
Good evening everyone, welcome to a late Mother’s Day Edition of the news. Hopefully you’ll find this useful if you’re still looking for plans with mom, or if you want to go out to eat this weekend and it just so happens to be Mother’s Day Weekend. Happy glorious day to all you moms out there! Without you, we wouldn’t exist! YAY!
- Cymply Fresh will have their usual brunch this Sunday, with $15 bottomless mimosas, live music by “Just Maybe” and a killer BLT Benedict. It should be a beautiful day, so this would be my pick. Don’t forget, they are also hosting Simon Majumdar’s book signing on Saturday (May 9th) from 11 AM to 1 PM!
- Bangkok Square will be offering a free glass of house wine or a glass of beer to all mothers this Saturday and Sunday for lunch, starting at noon through 3 PM.
- For Mother’s Day only, Saboré will be offering a special preview of their upcoming brunch menu and will be open from 11 AM to 3 PM. Chef Valero is already preparing some beautiful brioche buns in preparation.
- Mark's Prime Steakhouse - Gainesville downtown will be open from 4 PM to 8 PM on Sunday and all moms will receive a free dessert with the purchase of an entrée.
- Because who doesn’t love free stuff? Moms eat for free at Bento Café Gainesville all day Sunday with the purchase of an entrée.
- The Great Outdoors Restaurant out in High Springs has a special Mother’s Day menu all day that includes items like the Chicken Valdostana (chicken breast roasted with fontina and Danish ham, served with a Portobello demi-glaze and garlic-whipped potatoes) for $21.99, and a Salmon Monte Carlo (fresh salmon with roma tomatoes, basil, garlic, roasted in a white wine butter) for $24.99
- The Haile Plantation Saturday Farmer’s Market will be holding a Mother’s Day Celebration featuring a craft show, and kids will get the chance to build a bouquet for free. The market starts at 8:30 AM and runs until noon as usual.
- Need last minute gifts for mom? Lucky's Market Gainesville has 4-Packs of chocolate covered strawberries for $2.99. If she’s not into chocolate, Ward's Supermarket just received a good selection of various fresh flowers, plants, and herbs today.
- For those who may have missed it, TiTi's Café is leaving its current location citing bad parking and lack of kitchen space. They are currently in the midst of locating another space. I think I speak for all of us when I say, "OMG PLEASE HURRY, I NEED GOOD PHO AND TASTY GELATO IN MY LIFE AGAIN!!!"
If mom is in town and y’all are looking for something to do on Saturday, the nearby town of Windsor is holding their annual Zucchini Festival from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM. If you don’t go for the zucchini dishes, live music, art show, or zucchini carving contest, go for the shear absurdity of it all. If for nothing else, stay for the Duke of Zuke & Zuqueenie Pageant. I’m not making this up.
Enjoy your weekend!