The News 1/29/2015
Good morning everyone! The Super Bowl is upon us, and it’s time once again for a very special edition of THE NEWS! Lots of exciting stuff going on, and a couple blog-related announcements are coming your way soon. But for now, let’s talk about happenings around town this weekend and for the big game on Sunday. My next news post will cover all Valentines Day restaurant specials, so stay tuned for that.
- The Saboré & Swamp Head Brewery dinner tonight (Thursday, January 29th) still has a handful of spots available if anyone is interested. Tickets are $65 and will feature multiple courses created by Chef Valero featuring Swamp Head beers. Items include a cheese, bacon, and “Saison du Swamp” croquette, hop-cured salmon, sous vide pork ribs made from Full Circle Farms’ forest fed pigs with a Midnight Oil glaze and truffle mashed potatoes. Dinner starts at 6 PM.
- After a short hiatus, Ameraucana Wood Fire is back in action this weekend. Friday night at Midnight Cookies from 6 PM to 9 PM, and Saturday at First Magnitude until close.
- HIGH DIVE (Gainesville, FL) will be hosting another food truck rally on Saturday starting at 5 PM. Vendors will include Baboyz, Bubba Luigi’s, Monsta Lobsta, Curbie’s Sidewalk Café (Orlando), Soup to Nuts, and Humble Pie. There will also be free live local music, including my dear friend, Rich Airchess. Make sure you catch his set. You’re going to be really confused, but it’s fantastic.
- Loosey's - Downtown Gainesville is hosting a Super Bowl party with $6 wings (the best in town), $1 PBRs, $1 Bacardi Oakheart, and $1 off any Florida beers on draft.
- Whiskey House will also be showing the game, all drafts will be $4 and free chili starting at 5:30 PM!
- First Magnitude Brewing Company will be hosting live music on their outdoor stage this Sunday from 4 PM to 6 PM featuring the band, South Rail, who are on tour from Washington D.C. They will undoubtedly be showing the game inside the tasting room, but do keep in mind they close at 8 PM on Sundays.
- World Of Beer - Tioga (Gainesville, FL) is hosting a Bold City Brewery tap-takeover starting at noon on Super Bowl Sunday. All of their beers will be on tap including a cask straight from the brewery with a special release inside!
- The Brass Tap - Archer Rd. (Gainesville, Fl) will be offering 25% off all drafts or $30 all-you-can-drink pints. There will be free pizza served at half-time.
- Gator Tales Sports Bar is offering 20 wings and a domestic pitcher of beer for $20, or $10 buckets of domestic crap beer that will get you drunk all day on Sunday.
- Leonardo's 706 WILL be serving brunch this Sunday, but will be closed for dinner. You can fill up on tasty brunch before the drink-fest during the game.
-That’s it for now folks. Just for fun, here are a couple predictions for the game. Best commercial will belong to Budweiser, worst commercial will belong to GoDaddy, ESPN will say the word “deflate-gate” about 50 times within the first hour, Richard Sherman will intercept Tom Brady at some point, and the Seahawks will win this one 24-21. GO ‘HAWKS!!!