The News 6/9/2014
So much exciting news to share with everyone, especially with the launch of the new website. Lost in the shuffle is the fact that I went over 6,000 "likes" on Facebook today. It was a massive single day boost, and my post about the new webpage received over 10,000 views. That's insane! Keep sharing, posting, liking!
- One of the owners of Chopstix Cafe is opening a cafe at the the end of this month. Titi's Cafe will be opening on University Avenue, next to Billybobz BBQ and the Holiday Inn. Amongst some of the items on the menu will be Vietnamese style coffee, smoothies, and Banh Mi sandwiches.
- Cheese Daddy is an upcoming restaurant entirely dedicated to grilled cheese. The obsession with grilled cheese still baffles me, but apparently people like it. Located at 16 NW 18th Street in the new Stadium Club building. On the menu are items like a Turkey Bacon Grilled Cheese, Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese, and a Grilled Cheese Donut. I don't even...why did I even mention this? No timetable has been set for an opening date, but they keep posting stuff on their Facebook page like they're open. I think marketing is a confusing concept to them.
- Antonio's Made In Italy has been hard at work getting their new deli up and running. They will be opening for business this coming Thursday. Swing by for fresh Italian sandwiches and deli cuts. The deli is located inside a history train station, check it out!
- On June 13th starting at 7 PM, World of Beer in Town of Tioga will be hosting a Founders Tape Takeover. If you're into beer, then you know Founders is brewing some of the best beers out there right now. The Kentucky Breakfast Stout is probably my absolute favorite beer right now, don't miss your chance to try it!
- Midnight Cookies recently introduced a new cookie to the menu. The "Chocolate Movie Snack" contains chocolate based dough with milk chocolate chips, raisins, and peanuts. All is topped off with some Milk Duds on top as well.
- STM Seafood is a mobile seafood delivery service (talk about market niche?) that is going brick and mortar. July 4th is their targeted opening date in the site of the former Sweet Dreams East location at 1040 E. University Avenue. STM claims to have the "World's Most Famous Creamy Butter Sauce", and specializes in Garlic Crabs, Snow Crabs, Oysters, and Shrimp.
- That's it for now folks, don't forget to follow me on Instagram to see more adventures!